UPPS 05.07.02 § 13.01
"Parking inside fenced staging or construction areas will be limited. The staging areas are not intended to be parking areas."
Contractor Permit Rules
Texas State University students may not ever use contractor permits.
- Permit requests, changes, and updates will only be accepted from authorized Company Contact.
- Permits must be paid for after they are processed to be activated.
- Permit approval takes 3 – 5 business days. Permit processing times takes 3 – 5 business days. At peak times, such as preparing for the start of a new academic year, permit approval and processing may take longer.
- Contractor Permits are virtual and follow all rules regarding virtual display of permits.
- If an assigned license plate leaves the company, it is the company’s responsibility to notify Parking Services so it can be removed from their account. A new vehicle can be added to existing permits only if it is replacing a vehicle that is being removed from that permit.
- Contractors may not use pay-to-park options on campus. All contractors parking on campus must have a permit obtained through the Parking Services construction contractor process.
- Valid from purchase date thru August 06, 2023.
- Only one vehicle may be assigned to a permit.
- Must list a start date.
- Maximum of 8 weeks, per request.
- Only valid on the vehicle they are issued to.
Red Zone Permits
- Intended for job superintendents and limited essential personnel.
- Maximum 5 permits per project.
- Subcontractors are limited to 2 red permits per project.
P10 West/Round Rock Permits
- Intended for general contractors and workers.
- San Marcos - Only valid in the P10 West parking lot.
- Round Rock - Only valid in the purple parking zones at the Round Rock Higher Education Center.
Permit Prices are pro-rated at the end of each long semester. Listed permit prices reflect price before sales tax is applied.
|Permit Type||Annual Cost||Weekly Cost|
|Yearly Red Zone Permit||$335||$8|
|P10 West / Round Rock||$115||$6|
- The license plate associated with the permit must be accurate and visible.
- If physical permits are issued, both virtual and physical permits MUST be displayed at all times, in all vehicles to legally park on campus.
- Physical permits must be hung from the rear-view mirror with decal number facing toward the front windshield.
- Vehicles illegally parked on campus or those that do not have a permit are subject to ticketing, immobilization (booting), and towing at the vehicle owners' expense.
- The Company or Business is solely responsible for all citations.
- All citations MUST be paid before any permits will be processed.
- Any person or company that has parked a vehicle(s) on University property which has (have) been issued five (5) or more tickets in a 12-month period will be considered a Chronic Offender of the university's parking rules. For the sixth (6th) and all subsequent violations, the ticket fee will be $150 and the vehicle is subject to impound.
Parking Permit Request Forms
A permit request form must be filled out every time permits are requested. Incomplete forms will be returned for completion. This will reset the approval and processing times.
By completing the form, contractors acknowledge and agree to abide by all Texas State University Parking Rules and Regulations, and the Contractor Rules.
Submitting a permit request does not guarantee approval. Until the request has been approved and processed, and the permit(s) has been paid for and activated, the vehicle does not have a permit, and is subject to citation and/or immobilization.
Permit / Vehicle Update Request
Permits may be updated when a vehicle has been removed or replaced on a project, or when a vehicle has received new license plates.
Permit requests, license plate changes, license plate updates will only be accepted from authorized Company Contact. This prevents the company from being responsible for unauthorized changes, citations, and/or charges.
Authorized Company Contact Information
After the initial company setup, updates to authorized Company Contacts must be done by a authorized Company Contact. Parking Services suggests that there always be at least two updated authorized Company Contacts at all times.
If no currently authorized Company Contacts are still with the company, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.